A shortcut from Windsor Hills to Walt Disney World may seem to be a strange topic since Windsor Hills is so incredibly close to the Disney entrance, but depending on what time of day (and year) you go from Windsor Hills to Disney World – you may encounter some congestion. And if you can avoid the traffic – why not do it. 🙂
The secret to getting into Disney while avoiding the traffic is Sherberth Road. By using the Sherberth Road shortcut you will avoid all the regular Disney traffic – basically going in the opposite direction.
Although we call this the Windsor Hills Disney World shortcut, this shortcut works for anyone that is going from Reunion, Championsgate, Formosa Gardens, basically any community that is in the same general direction away from Disney World.
How Far Is Windsor Hills Resort From Disney World?
One of the biggest perks of staying in a Windsor Hills vacation rental is how close it is to Disney World – I mean it’s really close. It’s just 1.5 miles from Windsor Hills resort to Disney World.
Although it’s really close, it can take FOREVER to drive 1.5 miles if you’re stuck in stop and go traffic. This shortcut will get you around the bottlenecks you can come across when everyone is trying to get to the parks at the same time.
Getting From Windsor Hills To Sherberth Road
Getting from Windsor Hills To Sherberth Road is a breeze:
- When exiting the main entrance of Windsor Hills make a left onto Old Wilson Road
- Make another left on Route 192
- Make a right on Sherberth Road. Use the IHop on your right as a landmark, once you see it Sherberth will be the next road you can make a right on.
Getting From Sherberth To Walt Disney World
Once you make the right on to Sherberth Road, here’s how you get to the different Disney Parks:
- They’ll be a slight left hand bend in the road and after that it’s a straight away for a little over half a mile (~1 km). Remember to slow down at the end of the straight away, you’ll be coming up to a lot of sharp turns.
- You’ll quickly come to a sharp left hand bend
- Followed by a sharp right hand bend (speed limit 30)
- Another left hand bend
- Followed quickly by another sharp right hand bend
- On that bend, there is a Disney sign on the right (you can’t miss it) saying “All Guest Areas Turn Right”. This is Exactly one mile along Sherberth Road.
- Make that right-hand turn onto ‘Osceola Parkway’
- Merge with the other lanes on the left (speed limit 40)
- Animal Kingdom – Once you’ve merged, make your way into the left lane, for the other parks carry on ahead.
- All Stars Resort & Blizzard Beach will be the next turn on the right, for other parks keep going straight (Speed Limit 45)
- MGM Studios, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Downtown Disney turn left across opposing lane (traffic lights)
- This turns into a single lane track which then merges with lanes from the left
Here Are Google Maps To Get To And From Windsor Hills And The Disney Parks
Windsor Hills To Animal Kingdom
Windsor Hills To Blizzard Beach
Windsor Hills To Disney Springs (Formally Downtown Disney)
Windsor Hills To Epcot Center
Windsor Hills To Hollywood Studios
Windsor Hills To Magic Kingdom
Like This Article? Feel free to share on your social media pages by clicking the social media buttons on the left of this page!